Search Our Jobs
- Posted: 2 weeks ago
- Reference: Breedon_1618840068
- Title: Quarry Manager
- Type: Permanent
- Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
- Duration: permanent
- Start Date: asap
- Industry: Building and Construction
- Location: Leominster, Herefordshire, England
- Salary: Negotiable
Quarry ManagerFull timeLeinthall Quarry, Herefordshire
Breedon are seeking a Quarry Manager to lead operations at our Leinthall Quarry. Based near Hereford, Leinthall is a medium sized limestone quarry producing over 450,000 tonnes a year, as well as housing an on-site asphalt plant producing 68kt per year.
We are looking for a people focused manager, committed to achieving success for our customers and colleagues. The successful applicant will be focused on excellent safety standards, whilst ensuring all materials are produced and delivered to customer expectations. They will lead the team in day to day operations to achieve quality production targets, improve value and strive for continuous improvement. The role also assures environmental standards and the engagement of local community and stakeholders in its Quarry Development.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Leadership, management & development of Leinthall Quarry site.
- Compliance with all relevant HSE legislation, including the Quarries Regulations 1999, ISO 45001 (Health and Safety), 14001 (Environment) and 9001 (Quality) standards and associated Management Reviews.
- Ensuring safety is integral to site activity and all colleagues and contractors are focussed on zero harm.
- Ensuring the quarry operates within the scope of leases, planning consents and conditions.
- Management & development of Breedon colleagues and contractors to ensure competency requirements.
- Development and management of site production targets and cost control.
- Production of quality material to support customer demand.
- Assisting in preparation and management of capital expenditure to supports our customer and business initiatives.
- Ensuring positive and proactive community relations are developed.
It is essential that the successful candidate can demonstrate proof of competence for a Regulation 8 appointment under the Quarries and have completed, or be working towards, a SHE NVQ Level 4 or QCF Level 6 qualification.
Breedon is a leading construction materials group in Great Britain and Ireland. We produce cement, aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, Welsh slate and specialist concrete and clay products, and offer a range of contracting services.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company's zero harm culture.
Breedon is committed to making a material difference for its customers and colleagues. We take a value led approach in all our activities and respect the contribution of our colleagues in making this happen. In respect of this we're working continuously to construct an inclusive working environment, promoting an environment where colleagues can be themselves, feel valued, respected, and able to give their best.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil an integral role within a growing, dynamic organisation. A competitive remuneration package will be offered including company car, pension scheme and life assurance.Contract type - PermanentSalary - CompetitiveClosing date for applications - 3rd May
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
Enter Your Details
Please fill out all form fields and upload your CV