Search Our Jobs
Digital Development - Frontend Developer
- Posted: 2 weeks ago
- Reference: Holograph_1618846008
- Title: Digital Development - Frontend Developer
- Type: Contract
- Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
- Industry: IT
- Location: Hastings, East Sussex, England
- Salary: Negotiable
Digital Frontend Developer - Holograph
Permanent post, based in Hastings
Holograph provide digital experience services to big brands on Holograph DXP- our own platform. Our software is constantly evolving, enhanced UX, new functionality and adaptations are often required.
You need to have experience of working in the web development industry, the ability to not only work independently but also have a strong team working ethic. We want someone who shares our core values of being customer focussed, sparky, empowering, resourceful and kind and who can live by the ethos of our business.
The role's main task is to create a front-end application and associated components for a new piece of software for world famous brands from detailed wireframes and a SOW. This work will need to be done to a strict deadline and is in collaboration with existing team members working on the backend systems. The successful applicant will need to be someone who can manage their piece of the project through from start to finish reporting to the project lead and the development manager.
You will need to work autonomously but fit into our wider team. You need creative and technical skills, working with our team to deliver the project. The ability to use GIT is required and experience of Jira would be preferred. Each day, you will review the tasks and goals that need to be completed Updating tickets and tasks assigned to you.
This role sits between the Frontend design team and the core development team. It will report to the wider Senior Leadership Team as well.
- Follow the scope of an online project that goes from the proposal stage, to the technical work up, and finally to the delivery of the web product.
- Work with our Team to design and build solutions to meet the functionality depicted in the scope.
- Work to rectify any problems with the function of the product by working with our testing team and working with core developers in order to address any issues.
- Aim to meet all project goals within the specified remit of the contract.
- Generate periodic project status reports to be presented to the development manager.
- Take on new and unproven tasks in order to develop new ideas and opportunities that help lead the business to future success.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in for example, design or digital technology.
- At least 2 years of experience coding in a creative setting.
- Experience in communicating across organisations in various ways.
- Knowledge about the development and design of online sites and wider digital platforms.
- Ability to manage many different jobs and meet deadlines consistently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply please send a copy of your CV
As part of the interview process candidates will be required to demonstrate code they have written and talk team members through how they solved the issues associated with it. The successful applicant may be asked to create a small piece of code to demonstrate their ability to solve a problem in a timely manner.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
Enter Your Details
Please fill out all form fields and upload your CV