Supporting Employers
Head Office 020 3743 0600

Current Vacancies

Warehouse Operator

  • Posted: 5 days ago
  • Reference: Blenheim Palace_1659715281
  • Title: Warehouse Operator
  • Type: Contract
  • Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
  • Start Date: ASAP
  • Skills Required: Warehousing, Deliveries, Stock Input, Stock Delivery
  • Industry: Manufacturing and Production
  • Location: Woodstock, Oxfordshire, England
  • Salary: Up to £10.31 per hour

Warehouse Operator

Fixed term contract to January 2023

We have an opportunity to join the Warehouse Team at Blenheim Palace.

Blenheim is a hugely diverse business, a world-class visitor attraction with a variety of cultural and sporting events, a wedding and banqueting venue, a unique filming location and producer of natural mineral water, a major property owner and investor, a construction business, and a charitable foundation.

Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, you will spend 70% of your role working as part of the warehouse team to support the warehouse manager, delivering stock to the Palace, receiving deliveries and processing stock along with waste management. The remaining 30% of the role you will work flexibly within the wider Estate Team as required by your manager.

Day to day role responsibilities:

  • Vehicle loading and unloading as required along with receipted deliveries
  • Recording, highlighting damaged and missing stock, pricing, packaging and printing stock labels and attaching to the correct item
  • Waste collections from all areas of the estate and sorting of recyclable and non-recyclable waste into compactors
  • Maintaining a safe working environment by following all policies in place
  • Liaising with the Estate and Palace teams as required
  • Deliveries around the Estate when required

What we are looking for:

You will be honest, reliable, and committed with a strong desire to work outdoors as part of the flexible Estate Team. A team player, you will be self-motivated, adaptable in your work and displaying our Blenheim Behaviours in a friendly, respectful and approachable manner. Also required:

  • An understanding of systems and processes is desirable but not essential
  • Flexible approach to working hours, including weekends
  • Forklift driving qualifications are desirable but can be trained
  • Clean driving licence

Our culture

At Blenheim and Pye, we are passionate about providing an environment for our employees to develop their skills, try new ways of learning and encouraging their talents to flourish. Our Blenheim and Pye Behaviours are shared by all and are an important aspect of joining the Blenheim and Pye Team.

  • Relish a New Challenge Everyday
  • Keep Our Promises
  • Show Honesty with Kindness
  • Share a Sense of Belonging
  • Make History

This is a full-time role offered on a Fixed Term Contract basis until January 2023.

Hourly rate: £10.31

Hours: 40 per week, working 5 out of 7 days over the week. Shifts can start at 7am.

By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.

Get in Touch

If you would like to know more about Ortolan People and how we can help you reduce your ongoing recruitment costs, get in touch!

Email us now

   Or call 020 3743 0600

Thanks for your help with this - I have been really impressed with both the value and quality of your service. The quality of the applicants we have had via your work has been far, far higher than our original efforts! Feel free to quote me on this!

Gary Downes, Managing Director Solutions in IT
See All
Trusted by
Receive news & updates from Ortolan People

Meet the Team

  • Nick Benson Nick Benson I am a solicitor who – as well as having had a 10…
  • Cindy Parry Cindy Parry Having spent most of my working life in Recruitment…
  • Jane Johnstone Jane Johnstone After attaining an engineering degree and working…