Outplacement and volume recruitment for customer contact centre
National Car Parks Limited
As part of a review and optimisation of their operational effectiveness, NCP had taken the commercial decision to consolidate its customer contact centre services and move them from Croydon to Manchester. A brand new contact centre was to open with the creation of 100 new full and part-time roles encompassing senior management, team leadership and customer advisor positions.
In addition to the challenge of filling these new roles quickly and cost-effectively, there was also the requirement to provide outplacement support for existing staff adversely affected by the re-location of these services.
Having already worked with Ortolan Group for several years, NCP turned to us for help.
Ortolan Group was able to provide a range of recruitment services tailored to the specific requirements of NCP. One of the first challenges was to put in place a new Head of Customer Contact to direct and oversee the new facility. We carried out an extensive search and were able to provide a short list of well-qualified, available and pre-interviewed candidates. We also managed all candidate liaison, NCP interview logistics, contact negotiations and job offers. One of our candidates was duly appointed.
For the high volume Contact Centre advisor roles we proposed an alternative approach, i.e. the use of our fixed fee Ortolan Connect service. Using this option we advertised the roles for NCP, received all applications, and reviewed each CV for the required skills and experience. To complement the standard Connect CV filtering service, in this case we also telephone interviewed all suitable candidates, ensuring that all those that we sent on met our client’s key requirements. NCP were then able to arrange to interview as many candidates as they felt appropriate.
For existing contact centre staff based in Croydon who were facing the trauma and uncertainty of redundancy, Ortolan Group was able to offer outplacement services, in the form of group sessions. These were conducted as a series of half day workshops covering areas such as the practicalities of job searching, CV writing and interview preparation, with the option of follow up support and guidance.
- NCP were able to manage the considerable recruitment and outplacement challenges of this major transition in a timely and cost effective way, taking advantage of a range of services designed to provide the right level of support, at the right time.
- Having enjoyed a long working relationship with Ortolan Group, NCP knew that we are always keen to understand business drivers and operational challenges and to offer intelligent and flexible solutions.
- Our long working relationship with NCP also allowed Ortolan to review CVs and screen applications based on a genuine and deep-rooted understanding of our client’s needs.
- Use of the Ortolan Connect service allowed NCP to select over 100 new employees from a large pool of pre-screened talent within a clearly defined timescale and budget.
- Using conventional recruitment agency support, the cost to NCP of the recruitment exercise would have been at least £200,000. Ortolan was able to deliver exactly what was required for a fraction of this amount.